Flexible International Cover
GlobalFusion is versatile and can be tailored by you from a wide range of flexible options so you can easily design the coverage package that you need. The plan is available worldwide to both expatriates and virtually all local nationals. It also provides comprehensive international coverages suitable for individuals and families, fully portable 24 hour cover and the peace of mind you need. More detailed coverage and service descriptions are provided in the links to the right.
Wide Range of Plans and Options
GlobalFusion offers you a choice from four sub-plans that are designed to meet a wide range of differing budgets and needs:
- Bronze sub-plan - A very affordable "entry" level international major medical plan including emergency medical evacuation and focusing on hospital treatment. Designed to get you to see a consultant or specialist privately and quickly - whether before or after hospital admission (not dependent upon admission), or following out-patient surgery.
- Silver sub-plan - Affordable medical security designed for the more budget-conscious consumer and those planning to receive care in lower cost areas of the world. Silver offers a wide range of scheduled coverages equipped to meet your essential needs.
- Gold sub-plan -Ideally suited for those who desire full major medical cover, but for a limited period of time. Gold provides comprehensive coverage levels for the first three years of cover. After three years, certain coverages are reduced (see Summary Schedule of Cover and Excesses). As a result, Gold is priced more competitively than the Gold Plus sub-plan.
- Gold Plus sub-plan - Comprehensive major medical plan designed for people who need long-term cover. Coverage levels continue beyond year three as long as the plan remains in effect.
- Platinum sub-plan - Provides the superior coverage package for the most discerning global consumer. Platinum offers a package of enhanced coverages and services. It is designed for the consumer who wants the convenience of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits all together in one plan.
- Optional Add-On Coverages - All sub-plans offer additional, optional covers.
- Global Personal Accident Plan
- Global Daily IndemnitySM- Hospital Income Plan
- Dental & Vision Care (Bronze, Silver, Gold & Gold Plus sub-plans)
- Maternity (Bronze, Silver, Gold & Gold Plus sub-plans)
- Increased Terrorism Coverage (Platinum sub-plan)
- Sports (Platinum sub-plan)
- Three cover areas: Europe*, Worldwide and Worldwide Excluding the USA, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan - You have the opportunity to select the cover area that best reflects your geographic area of need. Each provides full cover, but premiums reflect the cost of care in different parts of the world. You maintain the freedom to choose your own provider anywhere, including your home country, within your area of cover (subject to conditions regarding cover in the USA).
- Worldwide Accident and Emergency Out of Area Cover - Your plan also allows up to 30 days (15 days on Bronze sub-plans) per year restricted worldwide accident and emergency out of area cover outside of your chosen area of cover. This is particularly beneficial if you travel outside your area of cover frequently on short trips or decide to go abroad on holiday.
*Europe includes the following areas: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Channel Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgystan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madiera, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, San Marino, Serbia, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain (including the Balearics and Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan and the Vatican City
Budget and Annual Excess Options
- Five plan options - The five sub-plans offer unique, specialised covers while providing varied premium levels and premium instalment options. This allows you the flexibility to stay in line with your financial budget.
- Multiple annual excess options - A standard annual excess is the first amount you contribute each year towards eligible medical costs before any benefits are paid under the plan, irrespective of the number of claims or conditions you may have. To accommodate your financial resources, you can select from eight different annual excess options - all providing different premium levels. Additionally, if you are obtaining treatment in the USA, then in some circumstances your annual excess may be reduced when eligible treatment is received within the USA PPO network or through a Medical Concierge offered provider.
The Summary Schedule of Cover and Excesses identifies the choice
of standard annual medical excess that applies to your chosen GlobalFusion sub-plan. You can choose to reduce your premium
costs by choosing a larger annual excess, or you can choose to
remove your Excess which will increase your premium.
- Choice of premium instalment payment/Currency options - Schedule the frequency of payment that meets your budget: Annual, Semi-Annual, Quarterly, and Monthly. At the time of your initial application you can also choose the currency in which you pay your premium and receive your coverage: $US Dollars, £GB Pounds, or €EU Euros.
Underwriting for Your Needs
Understanding that everyone has a unique medical background,
with GlobalFusion we have developed multiple ways to underwrite
and administer cover to you - including situations where you may
have been declined by other companies.
Your application will be reviewed based on the full disclosure of your medical history that you provide.
- Moratorium Underwriting* - For an increased premium compared
to Full Medical Underwriting, and without the need to declare your
full medical history at time of application, this option provides
the Moratorium Underwriting pre-existing conditions benefit as
outlined on the Flexible Underwriting and Exclusions page.
- Full Medical Underwriting* - Allows you to benefit from a lower
premium compared to the Moratorium Underwriting option. Your
application will be reviewed based on the full disclosure of your medical
history that you provide, and this option provides the Full Medical
Underwriting pre-existing conditions benefit as outlined on the Flexible Underwriting and Exclusions page.
- Personal Medical Exclusion* -If required on a Full Medical
Underwriting application, by applying a Personal Medical Exclusion
Endorsement, in some cases we are able to extend cover for the
rest of your eligible medical needs, with the exception of the
specific excluded conditions listed in the Personal Medical Exclusion
Endorsement. This allows standard pre-existing condition coverage
to continue for conditions that are not excluded that may otherwise
have resulted in your application being declined.
- Flexible underwriting option - The flexible underwriting option
will allow us to extend cover to you even if you have significant,
ongoing and/or chronic pre-existing conditions that may have
resulted in your application being declined. For a nominal recurring
administration fee (payable along with your initial and future renewal
premiums), cover is extended up to the pre-existing Annual and
Lifetime Limits and Sums Insured of cover for a declared and
accepted pre-existing condition following 24 months of continuous
cover, during which you are symptom, advice or treatment free for
that particular condition.
- Ability to Switch to GlobalFusion -If you are already insured
with another medical insurance company, you may still apply to
transfer to GlobalFusion and apply for credit for your time insured
elsewhere towards similar applicable GlobalFusion wait periods.
Your switch to GlobalFusion is subject to terms and our acceptance,
so please do not cancel or lapse any existing coverage until we have
confirmed your coverage in writing. Contact your broker or IMG
Europe for further details and a GloblaFusion Transfer Application
Form (available upon request).
For further underwriting information, please refer to Flexible Underwriting.
*Note: That for Bronze Sub-Plans there is no cover for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions irrespective of your choice of Medical Underwriting.